www.samayalingvintage.com

Thursday, May 3

Rain Wear & Istanbul....

I have the worst wardrobe for wet weather - an old lady navy mac (with buttons missing) and some weird German walking boots...I don't like wering my Hunters now they are considered 'chavvie' by my son...I think my clothes and I are in denial that rain exists. I aim to shop for: Amazingly stylish rain proof jacket, perhaps with a hood, some Frye boots and some waterproof mascara...and whilst looking I found this website! It sells (only) vintage rain wear! What an excellent idea...http://www.suziehigh.co.uk/pvc-coat-ultra-glossy--shiny-black-vinyl-w-hood--belt-20-p.asp
This PVC number is tempting but think I may look like a kinky Darth Vader in it - if it were short it would work! The hunt is on. Oooh! I wrote a commentary piece for a fashion shoot by Fault Magazine (http://fault-magazine.com/) last night - it was such fun and so easy to get inspired - the images were beautiful. I will add a link as soon as its online.....count down to Istanbul....7 days to go - I tried to get my son to come with me (after missing him really badly in New York) he said 'no way' - he hates fairs, and I (honestly) have hardly made him come to any through his life. So, off I go again...its only 3 nights this time - and I am parking my own car at the long stay at the airport this time - on my return from New York I was reduced to tears (real jet lagged sobs) by National Express and I will never ever try that again. I cannot wait to see the antique fairs in Turkey! I am going to find incredible neck pieces, old textiles and perhaps a copper basin for the little loo upstairs...there is a Turkish restaurant in Bath that has the cutest bathroom with a round copper bowl, all engraved, for a hand basin....would be perfect in a bedroom too. Frock Me was brilliant on Sunday - Matthew (the organizer) was super excited as his new Cafe opened this week in Brighton! The Blackbird, I can't wait to visit - the cafe he does at Frock Me is amazing and that is only a pop up....http://www.blackbirdtearooms.com. Matthew asked me:  "find me a tweed suit and shoes - now!" so off I went and he is wearing it today! Love a "find me something to wear" quest! Love Samaya X

No comments: