www.samayalingvintage.com

Sunday, November 20

Lanvin...

Jeanne Lanvin robe de style ca. 1920-1925 via The Costume Institute of the Metropolitan Museum of Art
I'm having a lovely relaxing evening looking through my Lanvin books - here is a photo of a dress by Lanvin...c1920s...I'm writing an article about Jeanne Lanvin for the next VintagExplorer issue, just looking at her early pieces makes my arm hairs stand up. I will be getting an amazing collection ready for this Sunday's Frock Me (27th November @ Chelsea Town Hall) - I have found some incredible 1920s and 30s dresses and most excitingly I have some of Pearl Lowe's own personal collection to sell for her - she wants to make space for a few new (vintage) dresses....if you would like a free ticket let me know via email: samayaling@gmail.com. This has been a splendid weekend all round really, Roberts school Christmas fair yesterday (working on the gate and doing the raffle, quite fun surprisingly!) and today we went for a mad bike ride on the new trail track through Ashton Court - check out this little video - the last 40 seconds really shows what its like, imagine being on a rollercoaster but you have to do the steering! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Or7-elqpgU&feature=related. I had no helmet so went rather slowly, also I was riding my brothers mountain bike (mine is a silly around town bike) - his seat was HORRID and razor like, I spent most of the ride standing up and pulling over to let the professionals go past....Love Samaya xx

No comments: