www.samayalingvintage.com

Wednesday, January 11

Happy New 2012!

What a (long) and mostly fabulous holiday - amazing presents (a huge 12 foot trampoline for little Robert - I have been on it a lot, lost a couple of dress sizes but must admit to doing the Dukan too though), a silver and black globe...a carefully crafted photo album from my Sister and tons of nice smelly things. We had a big party on Christmas day...my cousin Leilah (who is offically nuts) asked to bring along a friend, ASBO (I was quite worried but you can't turn people away at Christmas - remember Mary & Joseph?). Anyhow, Asbo turned out to be harmless and quite charming (a few guests were disappointed by this). Things all changed from jolly to very sad on December the 30th. My beautiful, cheeky, amazing and talented Nan died, age 95. I have just returned (yesterday) from her funeral in Scotland - it was a really good ceremony. I know its natural to die when you are very old but I still feel shocked, I was only up to visit Nan earlier in December and she was still the same, just a bit slower perhaps - she told me about dress swapping with Amy Johnson in the 1930s....To shake off the sadness and the long journey home I ran THREE MILES, without a single rest, this morning - I did not even get out of breath! Perhaps I will do the marathon. Now I am off upstairs to get ready for the first Hammersmith vintage fair of 2012 (This Sunday the 15th @ Hammersmith town hall)....Do email me if you'd like a free ticket xx Oh yes! I really need some help with my eye brows (again, the last plucker got carried away) - they are big enough now to shape just like Audrey's - but who to trust?! Do let me know if you know where to go for good bushy brows....Love Samaya XX
http://villainouslyvintage.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/audrey-hepburn-7.jpg?w=834&h=1065

1 comment:

BusyLizzie said...

So sorry to hear about your nan. Good luck with those brows!!! xxx