www.samayalingvintage.com

Monday, January 23

Happy New Year!

To celebrate the end of a hard couple of weeks and Chinese New Year (I am a Dragon so this is MY year!) I am off to London tomorrow to meet with Monica Chong at her Cutler and Gross shop in Knightsbridge - and choose some sunglasses! Very excited as Sylvie and Louise are coming.... afterwards we are going to have lunch and then go and check out the Decorative Antiques and Textiles Fair, at Battersea Arts Centre - http://www.decorativefair.com. It's been a hard few days so I really need a fun day out - sure tomorrow is sort of work but its good good work - not freezing my face off at an outdoor antique fair for days on end...why I booked for January I will never know - it was fun (in a way) and I loved meeting the dealers either side of me - we had a good laugh when we could...in between blasts of mad icy wind and weird customers (sorry customers) - ooh, I did meet a few other wonderful people - including Annie Fewlass - knitwear designer extraordinaire! More about that later..... In amongst all the hard out door work (even my face was chapped) I had some enquiries that took hours, I mean literally over 50 emails back and forth with the same people - and the outcome? Nothing! Crikey, I must be losing my touch. I really suit the nice indoor fairs with music and coffee...and toilets nearby....more soon xxx Love Samaya PS: This mad image is from Liz's blog - it made me laugh a lot as I imagined it was me and her...she being the bigger one wearing the yoke of course xxx she is quite the best of women, brilliant and there are serious insider tips on her blog! check her out: http://thewasherwoman.blogspot.com/

No comments: