www.samayalingvintage.com

Wednesday, February 8

Hair Cut & Frock Me!

Image of Vintage 1970s Ossie Clark Sleeveless Maxi Dress
I just moved domain names all on my own! It was quite sad closing the old website down but it had to go....luckily I have all the images for future use....So, getting ready for Frock Me (at Chelsea Town Hall, Kings Road, this Sunday from 11am) has been crazy, tons of new stock and a whole rail of 'just in' Pearl Lowe vintage dresses (from her private collection) to steam, lots of my own new pieces to have repaired or cleaned and now the lovely Lynda has sent me her incredible Chanel suit - its the softest wool with amazing buttons and the best shape ever, short pleated skirt and stunning jacket with 3/4 length sleeves...it fits me perfectly and I wish I could keep it - I look so elegant...not really right for my not so elegant lifestyle...New pieces coming with me are: A huge YSL necklace, a mad YSL rainbow knit dress, two beautiful 1930s tiaras, an amazing thick silk velvet Victorian bodice and some amazing early 1900s metallic lace work bodices.... Katherine Higgins and BBC2 are coming to see me on Sunday - they are filming Put Your Money Where Your Mouth is and want to sell me something....hence the hair cut tomorrow...well actually I always have a lot of hair cuts...I tweeted earlier about it: 'slightly defensive reply to question about how much my hair cuts cost: "if you had hair you would understand". Kim is coming again on Sunday to help me - thank goodness - with Fashion Week coming up its always the busiest time and I like to have a quick skip down the Kings Road while I am there - Bristol is a wonderful city but does not have a lot of shops for me (apart from the vintage ones of course!). Did anyone read the VintagExplorer magazine yet? (http://www.vintagexplorer.co.uk/) If you have please take note! My words have been edited (slightly) - if you can spot one or two phrases I would never ever use, let me know.....here is a clue: metro....and dedicated....hum! Love Samaya xxx PS: Do email me for free tickets to Frock Me xxx

No comments: