www.samayalingvintage.com

Saturday, April 14

New York New York!























Big gap in blogs! Easter hols have been long and busy and a lot of fun xx Just slightly over excited here, packed already (not leaving til Tuesday) and have even left a 'boy' menu and phone number list for my mum on the notice board....and instructions for Le Chat. My friend Rajaa sent me a text today, she is French and used to make me suffer by texting in French, but not anymore!! thank goodness for google translate, I even sent her a full on French reply:
Je suis maintenant couramment en français, la bénédiction! I was on the TV on Tuesday - so funny, I slid down with terror in my chair as I heard my voice, my face looked ok - I did seem to dance about in the beginning - the camera man had showed me how to stand and I sort of jumped into position (gracefully of course). Here is the link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01g9h9r/Put_Your_Money_Where_Your_Mouth_Is_Series_6_Charlie_Ross_v_Katherine_Higgins_Antiques_Fair/
Our hotel in NYC is not looking great but we plan to not be in the room much at all - just found out they don't do 'breakfast' either (as well as having bad reviews - note to stop rush bookings Samaya). VintagExplore Magazine have asked me to write a festival special for the June issue - that should be easy - I used to be the festival kid...and I love how people dress for festivals - what ever the weather and even if not in vintage...I am to be the 'adult' at WOMAD this year for Ella (age 15) - she is not keen on camping with me and my friends but I will convince her to be at least within yelling distance. PAUSE. Just went to investigate smoke coming out of the kitchen - it was my grilled salmon and vegetables...not edible. Dukan still going well - ish - I run a lot (3 miles without stopping!) and have the odd treat...next blog will be from NYC...do excuse the slight nudity in this amazing image - its my crazy vintage Miao twisted spiral neckpiece (http://www.etsy.com/listing/93013737/huge-chinese-tribal-art-neck-piece) styled by Ruined Lou: http://www.ruinedlou.com/ xx Love Samaya XXX

No comments: