www.samayalingvintage.com

Wednesday, May 23

My Mind Is Still In Istanbul!

Well, I could not blog immediately when I got home - I was totally blown away by Istanbul!. Not just by the incredible architecture, the 7 hills (more like mountains), the beautiful delicious food, (best restaurant ever on an island: http://www.istanbulview.com/suada/) the views across the Bosporus or the people  - but one person made it so special: Tiffany! (we miss you lovely lady). We have never been treated so wonderfully (apart from maybe by our parents when we were children), Tiffany took us everywhere - even to Asia! We went clubbing at Reina - a huge nightclub with views to the bridge over the Bosporus, (http://reina.com.tr/), shopping for hours...(in the most amazing Grand Bazaar), eating, walking, sightseeing and we saw a side of Istanbul that perhaps tourists don't all get to experience - the hospitality and warmth of the people - my best parts of the trip were actually when we were on Tiffany's balcony drinking tea and talking talking talking.... met Nihal too (Tiff's sister) and she taught me to make a wonderful tea that gets rid of water retention...great for swollen feet after flying - gosh my little toes were like mini swiss rolls encased in their Celine sandals...poor things. Ah, now planning a trip somewhere with all the kids for half term! This Sunday just gone was Hammersmith Vintage Fair, I finally took my punk t-shirts and guess what? They sold (the whole collection) before 9 am! My friend from Strut is opening a menswear shop (in Richmond - here is their blog: http://strutbroadway.blogspot.co.uk/) called 'Strut Man' and the iconic t-shirts will definitely make the opening night one to talk about. Very exciteing website things about to happen! I am having a brunch meeting with Pearl (Lowe) on Friday to go over listing her dresses on my website and linking our blogs....I will put a link here asap for the new Pearl Lowe blog..& ooh!  I hope to have some Angel Jackson bags for sale too! Katie is here right now so I better go and get the kettle on for meeting (love meetings in my garden!)

No comments: