www.samayalingvintage.com

Friday, June 29



Long, long time no blogging! I started 'tweeting', (follow me here! https://twitter.com/samayavintage) and I got very carried away with it for while, then someone hacked my account and started sending horrible messages to all my followers so since then I have been a bit distant. On Monday I'm off to London for a fun day out - meeting Tiffany for lunch, then we're off to Masterpiece 2012 to stroke chanderliers & will probably get told off (again) for sitting in million pound chairs...later in the afternoon I am off to the preview of Hampton Court Flower Show - my Friend Elena is doing a stand for her husband - showing their exquisite grasses that take about 8 years to grow - I have wanted to go to this event for years - when I run out of vintage steam I plan to be a gardener. June so far has been back to back London fairs - brilliant but I'm quite tired now - I am such a wuss for early starts. I have started collecting beautiful pieces for September the 9th already! (did a buying trip to Wales on Tuesday - found some incredible 1950s prints, 1930s Hawaiian shirts, a stunning cream sequin & silk tulle cocktail dress from the late 1930s.) We're off to Turkey for a luxury package holiday on the 16th of July! SO excited - and when we get back its straight to WOMAD festival - then lots more camping with friends and maybe to the south of France in August....There are talks of an exclusive vintage fashion fair in Paris this Autumn, just 10 top dealers (maybe me included) and its to be held in the same area & at the same time as Paris Fashion Week - could be amazing...more details when I have them. David, the curator of the Manhattan Vintage Show, was at Hammersmith this month looking for 1960s pieces - he is now putting on a vintage menswear fair (in NYC) on the 9th & 10th of November...as well as the Manhattan Vintage Show on the 12th & 13th of October.  More soon - have a wonderful summer! Love Samaya X

No comments: