www.samayalingvintage.com

Thursday, February 23

Dates coming up!

http://eyesearsmouthlens.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/06frugal-istanbul-blog480.jpg
Well, perhaps I don't love Etsy as much as I thought. Firstly, I keep buying weird things for myself on there, then it seems you get a lot of hits when you first load something up but as soon as the listing is a day or more old you are way back on the pages....hum. Hammersmith was excellent last week - lots of designers over for Fashion Week and some amazing looking new stands too - the good thing about it being such a large fair is that someone usually has to cancel their stand and new sellers can get a last minute space...(next Hammersmith is the 18th March) and if they have lovely pieces they will usually be invited back...I always love to see totally new sellers with true vintage....I don't get to look around until late in the afternoon - and this time I found myself trying on another jumpsuit - a gold silk 1980s one - I looked tres 'Sammy Thatcher' in it somehow, so did not buy it....people noticed I had lost weight - some said I looked great, but one person said "you've lost your sparkle" thanks! Perhaps my sparkle was lacking due to 2 nights partying hard for my birthday - I did look a bit red round the eyes. We had a brilliant night out on the Friday 17th - Bristol made me proud, great food, really nice bars and you can walk everywhere from where I live. I have some seriously exciting travel coming up in the next few months- first to Scotland next week, to help my mum and auntie (& have a little explore of the antique places)...then to my favourite New York in April! (and hopefully in June as well for Lisa Kirks's wedding!) It looks like I may have a stand at the Manhattan Vintage Fair (20 - 21st April) which will be INCREDIBLE! but this all needs confirming...then off to Istanbul in May to stay with the amazing Tiffany, in her house near the sea...and explore the markets and find some old textiles...I love, love, love Turkish food so this is going to be a real treat - they have a suspension bridge like us here in Bristol - I cannot wait to explore. Then, just for fun, two of my loveliest friends Amy & Joey and me are off to some weird city in early May (Amy could not remember its name when we just spoke on the phone so I am really trusting them here) and I have of course agreed to go along. I think it may be in Croatia...Amy thinks the name sounded a bit like 'Dorkin'. I will of course see if there are any vintage shops in this phantom city...Love Samaya X

No comments: