www.samayalingvintage.com

Monday, August 27

Missed trains & bad oufits...


On Saturday I was supposed to go to Twinwood Festival (http://www.twinwoodevents.com/). I wanted to write an article for VintagExlorer (http://www.vintagexplorer.co.uk/), have a good look at the stands (with a view to doing a stand next year) and generally have a wonderful day. I booked my train tickets weeks ago in a rush - noticed I had to change at Paddington, but did not notice until the Friday night (was due to go on Saturday) that I had to get to St Pancras in a very short time as well....huffing and puffing I looked at the weather forecast: torrential rain and thunder storms. Great. Next I planned my outfit...Rob helped me...remembering I was going to get wet I came up with the following: (no photos available sadly). Dark green wool knee length trousers (my Nan's), long thick beige wool socks (my Grampa's), white shirt (too big), Ralph Lauren shooting sweater (leather shoulder patch for my gun), massive Barbour coat (Rob's, almost down to my knees and rolled up sleeves), topped with a flat tweed cap - also Rob's, (I have very short hair now, another story) and the only suitable footwear: 1940s German army walking boots (that make my feet look a size 10 UK). I staggered (heavy clothing / itchy wool) into the living room to show Robert the end result, his first words, after a badly stifled laugh: "Well, you look like a disgruntled lesbian".   By the time the alarm went off at 5 am on the Saturday morning I'd had a horrid headache (for 3 days), my son asking me not to go off (I had just been to London for two days) and a deep dread at the long complicated journey in such a ridiculous outfit. Needless to say, I did not go. The good news is that I have plenty to write about anyway if VE ask me (Sorry again Karyn!) just time needed to do so, and there are tons more events coming up to investigate and buy at. That's all for now - off to have a swim xxx Love Samaya x (image styled by Ruined Lou (http://www.ruinedlou.com/), using my vintage pieces)

No comments: